New Clients: (918) 716-5800
24/7 Live Call Answering - Toll Free Statewide 833-ASK-WLAW
Tulsa Personal Injury Attorney


Contact Us Today

Do I need an attorney to form an LLC or corporation?

No, you do not need an attorney to file forms to create a company. You may form a partnership, LLC or corporation without an attorney. However, you should be aware that forms and filing services cannot provide you with legal advice or representation like an attorney. Legal filing services are inexpensive because filling out the paperwork required to form a business entity is typically the least time consuming aspect of business formation for an attorney. You assume the risk that the forms you direct them to prepare and file are may not be appropriate for the type of business you want to start. If you have questions, for example, concerning taxation, liability of the owners, protecting your intellectual property, funding, operation, or management of the entity, and other issues not directly related to formation of the entity, or if you need to determine whether to form your business as a corporation, LLC or some other legal entity, you should take the time to consult with an attorney to avoid future problems.

What Should I Do if I’m Hurt in an Accident?

First and foremost, get medical attention. At the same time, if you’re able, you need to create a record that could help protect your claim: File a police report, either at the scene or as soon as possible afterward. Try to get names and contact information from any witnesses. If you’re able, write down exactly what happened as soon as possible after the event. Accident scene photographs, and photographs of your injuries often provide valuable evidence that can’t be duplicated weeks or months later. And, of course, you should speak to an attorney to get advice about how to proceed, what kind of records you should be keeping, and how to handle any phone calls or letters you should receive from the other party’s insurance company.

How do I pay your legal fees in a personal injury case?

At Wandres Law:

  • There is no charge for your first visit or telephone call. All your questions will be answered, and there is no obligation.
  • We never charge a fee unless we obtain a recovery for you. Our fee is a percentage of your recovery.
  • We will advance all costs for investigators, experts, filing fees, and other expenses associated with obtaining the maximum recovery possible.
  • If a recovery is not made, you pay nothing.

Can I recover if the other driver had no insurance?

Yes. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you can recover money for your medical bills and pain and suffering even if the other driver had no insurance.

Will pursuing my personal injury case take up a lot of my time?

No. Oftentimes, we only meet with clients for the initial interview and then we can just talk over the phone or via email. If we do have to go to court, it will take more time. We realize your time is important, so we don’t waste it.[/toggle][toggle title=”The doctors are coming after me for unpaid bills, can you help?” open=”no”]We routinely work with doctor and healthcare providers to keep them from sending our clients to collections for unpaid bills. Often, we can keep them from sending bills to collections, and we can stop collectors from harassing you for payment if the bill was already forwarded to a collection agency. When there is not enough insurance coverage to pay all of the bills, we can usually get healthcare providers to reduce their bills low enough that there is still money left over for our clients.

How long do I have to bring a case?

You must file your case within the statute of limitations, a fixed period of time dictated by the law. In many personal injury cases, you are required to bring your case within one to two years from the date of the event that caused the injury. For an explanation of these time limits, always consult with an attorney experienced in these matters.

What do I do after an Accident?

After a truck, motorcycle, bus, car or any other motor vehicle accident, you should take these critical steps to protect yourself and preserve your rights:

First, if you have suffered any injury or impact, you should immediately seek medical attention. It is common for crash victims not to realize that they have suffered a significant injury for hours or days after a collision. Head, neck, spine, and connective tissue injuries are particularly likely to cause delayed symptoms. Such undetected injuries could affect your ability to work and otherwise affect your life. As treatment progresses, it is essential for crash victims to follow the treatment recommendations of their doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor or other medical provider.

Second, report the crash immediately to your local law enforcement agency.

Third, do not make any statements or give any recorded statement to the other driver or his or her insurance company unless you have consulted with a lawyer. Although insurance company representatives are usually courteous and professional, keep in mind that their primary responsibility is to minimize the amount that the company pays on each claim. Insurance companies often pressure claimants to settle early, before they realize the extent of their accident-related injuries. Once you settle, you cannot later obtain any money from the insurance company.

Fourth, even if it appears that the bad driver’s insurance company will or should accept responsibility, preserve the evidence that will support your case. Keep a record of your injuries, lost wages and other damages you suffer as a result of the accident. Save all documents related to your case. Take and save photographs of all visible injuries, casts, wounds, bandages or dressings, vehicle and property damage. Take additional photos of visible injuries frequently as they heal. Digital photographs are preferred, in the event it is necessary to use them at trial as exhibits. Understandably, crash victims often don’t think of collecting this information. However, good documentation helps.

request a free consultation

Discover why our clients return to us and recommend us to their family, friends and acquaintances.
Contact us today and put one of Tulsa's preeminent law firms to work for you.

    • call us now

      Local Phone Number (918) 641-4044

      Toll Free Statewide 833-ASK-WLAW

    • Tulsa Office

      1202 East 33rd Street
      Tulsa, OK 74105

    • Oklahoma City Office

      3030 NW Expressway
      Suite 200 # 392
      Oklahoma City, OK 73112